- 500 g (1 lb) ripe tomatoes, preferably different types, such as heirloom and cherry and plum
- about 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- small handful of basil leaves
- 150 g (5 oz) mini mozzarella balls
- salt and pepper
- 1 Cut half the tomatoes into thick slices and the other half into wedges. Arrange the slices on a large serving plate, slightly overlapping each other.
- 2 Put the tomato wedges into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix carefully and arrange on top of the tomato slices.
- 3 Add the basil leaves and mozzarella balls to the tomato wedges. Drizzle the salad with more olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
|Prep Time||15 mins|