Who says only winters are the best time to have soup? This delicious, nourishing thing can be had all year round. Both cold and hot soups are great for health and help you enjoy the benefits of meats and veggies in the best manner. Try out this simple recipe.
Chicken Stock – 2 cups
Onion – 1, finely sliced
Chicken – 225 gms, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, boneless
Thin Coconut Milk – 200 ml
Baby Mushrooms – 100 gms, sliced
Brown Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Lime Juice – 1 to 2 tsp (as per taste)
Light Brown Sugar – 1/2 tsp
– Combine the chicken stock, onions, 1/2 cup of water and sugar in a large pan.
– Bring to a boil.
– Reduce flame to low and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
– Add the chicken pieces, coconut milk, rice and mushrooms.
– Stir well.
– Cook for another 5 minutes.
– Add coriander leaves and lime juice.