Hon’ble Commerce Minister Mr. Tofail Ahmed joins the first ever Commonwealth Trade Ministers meeting at London on 8-10 March, 2017.
1. Hon’ble Commerce Minister Mr. Tofail Ahmed highlighted Bangladesh’s developments in the field of agriculture, educations, health and ICT as well as achievements in social sectors like reducing meternal and infrant motality rates, children enrolment in priamary education under the able leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
2. Hon’ble Minister also underscored the export led growth strategy of Bangladesh and Government’s role in implementing a number of policies supporting the economy and trade. Remarkable sucess of the RMG and other sectors were also highlighted.
3. Hon’ble Commerce Minister highlighted in the round tables the policies of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the field of ICT and implementation of ICT technology in the public sector and in the production, manufacturing and marketing sectors. The development that took place over the last several years in the areas of infrastucture, energy, reduction of poverty and social safety net programs were also highlighted.
4. Hon’ble Minister also stressed on maintaing the EBA (Everyting but Arms) policy for the UK during the post-Brexit period and urged other countres to grant duty free market access for the LDCs.
5. Hon’ble Minister met a good numbers of Trade and Commerce Ministers attending the meeting.
6. Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK H.E Mr. Md. Nazmul Quaunine and Commercial Counsellor Mrs. Sharifa Khan accompanied and assisted the Minister during the meeting.
– Press Release, Bangladesh High Commmision London