The Prince of Wales has visited Finsbury Park to learn about the terror attack targeting Muslim worshippers in the early hours of Monday morning.
Prince Charles spoke of his joy at meeting them despite the very sad, unfortunate circumstances, and delivered a personal message from the Queen.
He told the group: She has specifically asked me to tell you how shocked she was by what happened, particularly as the victims were worshippers who had been attending Ramadan prayers, and Her Majesty’s thoughts and prayers are with you all.
And if I may say so, I can only but join my particular thoughts and prayers to Her Majesty’s on this occasion, and to say that for many years I have taken a great interest in the Muslim community in this country.
Charles said he was deeply impressed by imam Mohammed Mahmoud, who shielded the terror suspect until police arrived.
Police are still working to determine whether the death of a man at the scene is connected to the terror attack.
Makram Ali, 51, had been taken ill shortly before the attack and was already receiving first aid from a member of the public when the van crashed.
NHS England has said four patients are still receiving care at two London hospitals, and two of them remain in critical care at the Royal London.
Scotland Yard is continuing to question Darren Osborne on suspicion of launching the attack.
The 47-year-old, from Cardiff, was arrested on suspicion of commission, preparation or instigation of terrorism – including murder and attempted murder.
Detectives have been granted a warrant to hold the father-of-four in custody until 12.54am on Saturday morning.